simmersiv.com – Effective from 15th November 2023
Simmersiv is the data controller and responsible for this website.
Under data protection law, individuals have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
- Public sources– Personal data may be obtained from public registers (such as Companies House), news articles, sanctions lists, business intelligence services and internet searches.
- Social and professional networking sites–If you register or login to our websites using social media (e.g., LinkedIn, Google, Facebook or Twitter) to authenticate your identity and connect your social media login information with us or if you communicate with us using such networking sites, we will collect information or content needed for the registration or login that you permitted your social media provider to share with us. That information may include your name and email address and depending on your privacy settings, additional details about you, so please review the privacy controls on the applicable service to set how much information you want shared with us
- Business clients–Our business clients may engage us to perform services which involve sharing personal data they control as part of that engagement. Our services may also include processing personal data under our clients’ control on our hosted software applications, which may be governed by different privacy terms and policies.
- Recruitment services. We may obtain personal data about candidates from an employment agency and other parties including former employers and credit reference agencies.
Here is a list of personal data we commonly collect to conduct our business activities.
- By clicking “Preferences”.
- When the “Preferences” have opened, clicking the option that should appear at the bottom of the screen stating “How can new users find me?”
- The option entitled “How can new users find me?” has a drop down facility with two (2) options: (a) “By name and email”; and (b) “By email only”.
- It should be noted that option (a) (“By name and email”) is the default option, so if you wish to change that you will need to click “By email only”, and your default option will then be changed accordingly.
- By clicking the “By email only” option you will have applied the opt-out.
If you fail to provide personal data that we need to perform a contract with you or by law, then we may not be able to provide you with the product or service the contract relates to. We will notify you when this is the case.
We will use your personal data only where we have a lawful basis for doing so. We process your personal data for a number of purposes. The lawful basis for processing your personal data will depend on the purpose for which it was obtained.The table below sets out the purposes for which we may process your personal data and the relevant lawful basis/bases that allow for that processing:*Legitimate interests means our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business where these interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights, interests and freedoms.
We will only process your personal data for the purpose(s) for which we collected it. If we do need to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you of this and explain the lawful basis we will be relying on.
Please be aware that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
- Parties that support us as we provide our services (e.g., providers of telecommunication systems, mailroom support, couriers, printers, IT system support, archiving services, document production services and cloud-based software services).
- Our professional advisers, including lawyers, auditors and insurers.
- A potential buyer, transferee, merger partner or seller and their advisers in connection with an actual or potential transfer or merger/acquisition of part or all of our business or assets, or any associated rights or interests.
- Payment services providers.
- Marketing services providers.
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies (e.g., HMRC) or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
- Recruitment services providers.
- Other users of the Simmersiv Chat application, save unless you exercise your right to opt-out (please see above).
We store personal data on servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). We may transfer personal data to non EEA subsidiaries within the Group and reputable third party organisations situated inside or outside the EEA when we have a business reason to engage these organisations. Each organisation is required to safeguard personal data in accordance with our contractual obligations and data protection legislation.
We will not keep your personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we use it. Unless a different time frame applies as a result of business need or specific legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, where we retain personal data in accordance with these uses, we retain personal data for eight years. We will dispose of personal data in a secure manner when we no longer need it.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer identify you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- have yourdata erased (the right to be forgotten) in certain circumstances – e.g. where it is no longer needed by us the purpose for which it was collected or you have withdrawn your consent. Please note however, that in certain circumstances, we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure for legal reasons. If this is the case, we will notify you at the time you request erasure.;
- restrict the use ofyour data in certain circumstances e.g. where you have told us the data is inaccurate and we are in the process of checking this. In such circumstances we will continue to store your data but will not process it further until we have checked and confirmed whether the data is inaccurate;
- object to the processing of your datain certain circumstances – e.g. you may object to processing of your data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means; and
- to withdraw your consent at any timeto processing where we are relying on consent as the lawful basis – e.g. to receiving marketing communications. Please note if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products and services to you – We will let you know if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
We have put appropriate technical and organisational security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data (including sensitive personal data) from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We aim to ensure that access to your personal data is limited only to those who need to access it. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information. We may apply pseudonymisation, de-identification and anonymisation techniques in efforts to further protect personal data.
If you have access to parts of our websites or use our services, you remain responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential. Please be aware that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your personal data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.